10 January, 2008

I'm A Wolf With A Leaky Roof

I woke up this morning to a dripping noise- a fat dripping noise (as Forrest Gump would proclaim). I looked up and over to the corner where beads of water were bouncing off of my radiator. It turns out I had a leak coming from the ceiling. I called my landlord, who told me that he'd be in later that afternoon to take care of it. Good grief.

Instead of freaking out and attempting to build an ark with old folded up boxes of cardboard I have hidden under my bed, I instead decide to distract myself from impending flooding by listening to amazing music. Lately, I've been hooked on the new album from Sea Wolf, Leaves in the River.
According to the band's bio on their official website, (www.seawolfmusic.com/bio.html), information on the band is "Coming Soon". This leads me to visit the band's homepage and find that most of the links either lead you to itunes or to their myspace page. Which brings me to a point...
Whatever happened to official band websites? These days a lot of bands just forgo the whole website and instead settle for a myspace page. I mean, I don't want to be friends with all the artists that I enjoy, only a select few. Ok, only one-Bjork.
I really have to applaud artists that stay creative with actual websites, such as Ryan Adams.
ANYWAY...
Though their website leaves me empty and grumpy inside like twelve ounces of coffee on an empty stomach, Sea Wolf is perfect music for a rainy day, even when the rain is a leak from the ceiling in the corner of your room.
Here's one of my favorite songs on the album: "Black Dirt"
and here's the video for their single "You're A Wolf:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do so love this album you gifted us.